With an easy-to-use interface kids can choose to interact with fun animated characters or the robot and using various basic programming commands they learn how sequences and even loops work.
The best part is that they have fun doing it, thus it is perceived as a game rather than a traditional learning venue.
Key Features of Tommy the Coding Robot
• The robot comes with a Board game, dice and game characters that can be used to make additional challenges for unlimited engagement
• Wirelessly Bluetooth control from a tablet using our Tommy the Robot app
• Uses a rechargeable internal battery
• Android compatible
• Has its own container for storage
• Out-of-the box operation
• Small size, light and compact
In-depth description of features:
• Coding for kids. This game teaches programming basics by exposing kids to the basics of coding with simple commands, sequences and even loops. It relies on visual learning as a cute turtle does actions based on their input. The kids have the option of only using the onscreen turtle or transmitting the commands to our Tommy robot.
• Challenge mode. Kids can play the game in challenge mode, where other friendly characters tell Tommy what to do. Once a challenge is completed, they advance to the next.
• Tutorial & Free to play. A quick tutorial shows first time users how to interact with Tommy and have it perform actions. The free play mode allows any kind of commands without any limitations.
• Voice guidance. As this is targeted for kids, a friendly voice accompanies any task in the game. This makes it easier for kids to understand what they need to do in a friendly teaching environment.
• 3D graphics. All cute animal characters in this game are animated and feature full 3D characteristics. This makes the game appealing and acts as a animated tutor that teaches kids through playing.
Learning to code prepares children for the world we live in today. Learning to code helps children develop problem solving and computational thinking skills. Even preschool and kindergarten age children can learn the foundations of coding. Tommy the Coding Robot provides coding practice for young children of all abilities.