OctoMinus makes math fun and engaging for young children and children with special needs!
- Math adaptation of Turtle Invaders – 2014 Gold Winner of the Mom’s Choice Award for Best in Family-Friendly Products
- Practice math skills in either English or Spanish
- Helps kids master math skills and gain math confidence
- Parent Portal enables parents and teachers to stay connected to their child’s progress
- Kids rewarded with math points that can be used in the OctoStore
- Incorporates a drill/practice mode to provide a fun, engaging, and effective way to learn
- Incorporates a challenge/test mode to assess learning
- Fun for all, with additional features to help children with special needs
- Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess)
- Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids or for kids that are easily distracted
- Beginner, Advanced, and Expert mode to help children gain confidence during game play
- Fully customizable settings can adjust game options based on the skill level of the child
- Helps in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
- Enables learning for all kids of all skill levels and abilities
- Can use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals
- Couple with OctoPlus to practice and learn addition skills
- This app does not track or share personal information. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
- Curriculum: Common Core Math State Standards
- OctoMinus covers the following Operations & Algebraic Thinking Math Topics: Subtract within 5; Represent subtraction with equations
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.1 – Represent addition and subtraction with equations
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.3 – Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.5 – Fluently add and subtract within 5.